This post may contain affiliate links and I may earn a small commission when you use them, at no additional cost to you. As an amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. You can read my full disclosure here.
I’ve always loved playing around with my hair and testing new products and tools. Finally, after years of trial-and-error (and with the help of my hairdresser mother), I’ve narrowed it down to 10 must-try haircare essentials that I simply couldn’t live without! All of these products and tools come backed with thousands of incredible reviews so you don’t have to just take my word for it! For more of my beauty favs, check out this post.
1. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day (PhD) Dry Shampoo – Holy. Grail. If you haven’t tried this dry shampoo you are MISSING OUT! This dry shampoo actually removes dirt and oil from your scalp and makes your hair look and feel clean without the gross residue most dry shampoos leave. Whether you’re using it on clean hair to add texture and volume or to freshen up day 5 hair – this stuff can handle it all. I’ll never buy another dry shampoo!
2. BB Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil Heat/UV Protective Primer – A mouthful, yes, but truly the total package and one of my staples! Spray this in damp or dry hair to defrizz, detangle, add moisture, prevent breakage and protect against heat and UV damage! Bumble and bumble products are also cruelty-free and paraben-free! Can’t beat that!
3. The Original Wet Brush – I’ll never ever use another brush. My dry, colored hair is ALWAYS a tangled mess and prone to breakage. This brush glides right through the knots without tearing your hair out. If you haven’t tried a wet brush yet, you’re missing out! At under $10, I promise you won’t regret this purchase!
4. Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer – This one is worth the hype. I used to rarely blow-dry my hair because I hated how long it took! This blow dryer changed. the. game. In less than 8 minutes my hair is completely dry – a task that would typically take 25 minutes with a normal hairdryer! If you’re on the fence, this is your sign! You won’t regret this purchase!
5. Scrunchies! – This one might seem random but these are some of my most-used hair products. If you want your freshly styled hair to look great for days, sleep with it in a ponytail with a scrunchie! Works like a charm and they are sooo cheap!
6. Biolage Hydrasource Aloe Mask – A good hair mask is such an essential! I love this one from Biolage for when my hair is feeling especially dry and dull. This in-shower deep conditioning treatment has it looking and feeling shiny, soft, and healthy in no time! Plus it smells amazingggg.
7. Moroccan Oil Luminous Hairspray – Living in Florida, there’s almost no point in styling your hair during the summer because it is SO humid. Fortunately, this hairspray is incredible for holding style while keeping it flexible and soft (no crunchiness!). You have to give this a try if you haven’t already!
8. Fanola No Yellow Shampoo – Being a not-so-natural blonde definitely requires a level of maintenance. For me, it’s not practical to go to the salon every six weeks, which I why I loveee this purple shampoo! This keeps my hair bright and cool-toned with only about one wash per month. My hair is naturally gold-toned so this shampoo has done wonders to keep the brassiness at bay!
9. Silicone Scalp Massager – This is the hair tool I never knew I needed! My sister-in-law gave me one of these for Christmas last year and I’ve been hooked ever since! I use this in the shower to get my shampoo into a deeper lather and it feels SO good while also giving a more thorough wash!
10. INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR 1″ Ceramic Curling Iron – Last but certainly not least! I have tried nearly every curling iron out there and this one is BY FAR the best for my hair! I use this without the clamp and my curls last DAYS. High-end curling irons don’t stand a chance against this thing (under $30!!!). If you’re in the market for a good curler at a great price, this one won’t disappoint!
What are your hair care staples? The next item on my haircare wishlist is the Revlon One-Step Styler! Have you tried it and if so, would you recommend it?
Leave a Reply