With remote work becoming the new norm for so many, I thought I’d share my 10 home office essentials! I’ve been working from home since July 2019 and have been outfitting my home office ever since. These 10 items have been essential to my success as a remote employee. For more on work-from-home productivity, check out this post.
This post may contain affiliate links and I may earn a small commission when you use them, at no additional cost to you. As an amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. You can read my full disclosure here.
- Docking station – this is probably the most practical item on this list. This little docking station is what connects my laptop to my monitors. It connects through a USB-C port so it will also connect to an iPad Pro!
- Leather desk pad – One of my favorite office purchases! While on the hunt for a mouse pad, I came across this leather desk pad. It is waterproof and oil proof and super durable! Messes wipe right up and you don’t have to worry about staining your desk. Plus, it’s reversible and offered in tons of colors to match every office! *Pro-tip: if you get pen marks on it, nail polish remover will take them right up!
- Laptop stand – This laptop stand will lift your laptop to monitor height, making the most of your desk space and extending your screen space! A major must-have in my opinion!
- Wireless keyboard & mouse – Since my laptop is raised, this sleek Bluetooth keyboard is perfect! It connects to any device with Bluetooth (iPad and iPhones included!) and works like a charm! This Bluetooth mouse is great too. Let’s be honest, no one has time to fight with cords all day. Wireless devices not only keeps your desk looking cleaner, but they’re also super portable! I make sure to always bring my wireless mouse when traveling with my laptop – so much easier than using a trackpad!
- A great agenda – Call me old school but I simply can’t function without a paper agenda. There’s just something about physically emptying your brain on paper that I’m convinced boosts productivity. I’m super picky when it comes to planner layouts and this one is simply perfection. If you’re anything like me, you need to check it out!
- Monitor risers – Another easy way to make the most of your desk space! Raising your monitors will bring them up to natural eye-level, reducing the stress on your neck and back! I’m currently using some cute books as risers but there are unlimited options on amazon that will add style and functionality to your home office.
- Diffuser – I have this essential oil diffuser in my kitchen and had to buy one for my office too because I love it so much! It’s super cute and affordable, with tons of colored light options to fit any mood! Lavender, lemon, and sweet orange are my favorites to diffuse while I work! Lavender oil is my all-time favorite – more on that here!
- Whiteboard calendar – while we’re on the topic, this wall calendar has been such a lifesaver. I use this to track mine and my husband’s personal and social and travel plans. Having it all in once place makes keeping track of everything so much easier!
- Blue light glasses – If you’ve experienced headaches and eye fatigue from staring at screens all day, you have to give these blue light blocking glasses a shot! There are a ton of expensive options out there but these ones are extremely affordable and work wonders! Protecting your eye from blue light can also help you get better sleep – more on that here.
- Wireless headphones – this one may sound random for an “office essentials” post but dang, taking work calls from home can be TOUGH! If you are constantly trying to get away from the sounds of your family or pets in the background of your calls, you need a pair of wireless headphones! I use my air pods every single day but there are definitely cheaper options out there as well!
What are your home office essentials? Let me know what I’m missing!